The Queensland Child Protection Week Committee encourages applications for events that have been designed to positively support the theme and aims of Child Protection Week. Thus your local activity will:
- Promote the theme ‘Protecting children is everybody’s business’
- Promote our Key Messages
- Provide people with an opportunity for ongoing involvement in helping prevent abuse and neglect
- Where possible, link participants to a broad range of information, resources and services already available through government and non-government organisations.
Examples of events previously held:
- Family Fun Days with information on local services to support children and families who have experienced abuse and neglect, or are at risk
- Education sessions providing information on child abuse and neglect services to support children and families
- Art exhibitions showcasing works which capture the theme Protecting Children is Everybodys Business
- Professional development sessions for those working in the Child Protection sector
- Family movie events with stands providing information on local child protection services
- Community Events which promote Child Protection Week.
Up to $3,000 is available per grant.