A Critical Element of Who We Are
At The Grants Hub, we believe strongly in generosity. It's one of our team values and is infiltrated throughout our business. Whether it's through our staff volunteering allowance, making donations, Christmas membership giveaways or pro bono work, we love to give.
We are very excited to be adding a grants program to our giving.
Volunteer Support Grant
UPDATE: We received 3,098 applications for this grant. Read how we're now crowdfunding on Facebook and GoFundMe to try and grow the number of grants we can give away. Please be patient while we try and raise additional funds to give away, and then assess applications.
The Grants Hub is committed to a strong and vibrant community and admires the dedication of volunteers, who generously give their time and talent to support worthy causes.
We’re excited to announce a Volunteer Support Grant to the value of $500 available to a person acting in a regular volunteering role.
Objectives of the grant
- Provide support and recognition to volunteer work
- Encourage volunteering
- Provide access to resources to support the role of volunteers.
Who is eligible to apply for the grant?
A person anywhere in Australia acting in a regular volunteer role for a period of 6 months or more.
The Grants Hub Volunteer Support Grant will provide $500 to a volunteer to fund any of the following items:
- Full or partial cost of portable, tangible small equipment required to undertake your volunteering role (e.g. iPad, lawnmower, trolleys, gardening equipment)
- Travel costs associated with your role as a volunteer (taxis, public transport, motor vehicle costs, flights)
- Training related to carrying out your role as a volunteer
- Any other costs to support your role as a volunteer.
Applications will be assessed against the following criteria:
- Eligibility (see eligibility criteria above)
- Demonstrated need for the grant
- Benefit that the grant will make to the volunteer and how it will support them in their role.
Applications closed Thursday 15 March 2018.
Frequently asked questions
Can I submit an application on behalf of someone else?
No, the volunteer themselves must apply.
Can an organisation/group apply?
No, this grant is for individual volunteers only.
We don't have a website to include, can we use our Facebook page?
Yes, a website or Facebook page link is acceptable.
Can I apply for equipment/fees I have already paid?
No, as per usual granting practices, this grant cannot be used to pay for retrospective costs (money that has already been spent).
How will the funds be paid?
By direct deposit.
Do I need to provide evidence of how I have spent the funds?
Yes, we will need to acquit the grant (send in receipt/s and a brief report), as per usual granting practices.
Will there be future rounds?
Yes, we hope so!