Stronger Communities Programme
The Federal Government’s Stronger Communities Programme provides a great opportunity for groups to access capital (infrastructure) funding for projects which will deliver social
benefits. The programme aims to improve local community participation,
cohesion and contribute to vibrant and viable communities.
Key Aspects of the programme:
- Federal Members of Parliament (MPs) will establish a community
consultation committee to undertake consultation in their electorate to
identify eligible projects and invite applicants to apply
- Local government and incorporated not-for-profit organisations are eligible to apply
- Grants of between $5,000 and up to a maximum of $20,000 are available
- Applicants are required to confirm matched funding in cash or in-kind on at least a dollar-for-dollar basis
- Funding of $150,000 per electorate per year will be allocated for two years commencing 2015-16.
Check your deadline with your local MP.