This new Federal Government grants program is aiming to support the needs of younger veterans as they leave the Australian Defence Force and integrate back into civilian life, with all the challenges that accompany that unique transition.
The SYV grants program provides $4.25 million over five years to Ex-Service Organisations (ESOs) to encourage partnerships that will deliver innovative and sustainable services for younger veterans and build community capacity to meet the needs of younger veterans. The grants will also help raise awareness of the important issues faced by younger veterans.
Funding can be used to deliver projects and activities that:
- Develop capability within the veteran community that services the unique needs of younger veterans
- Support the development of well researched and tailored services for younger veterans
- Fund organisations that can sustainably deliver services to younger veterans now and into the future
- Increase collaboration amongst organisations to expand services and harness existing expertise
- Increase awareness of younger veteran issues and or services within the Australian and veteran communities, where doing so would benefit younger veterans.
There is $250,000 available in the first round, with applications closing 26 May 2017.