Every grant application you submit will require a budget. Here are some of our best budget development tips:
- Provide realistic estimates
- Make sure the 'income' and 'expenditure' columns add up
- Build in a small contingency amount for unexpected costs/price variances
- Attach competitive quotes
- Try and secure funding from other sources
- Ensure there is a contribution from your organisation (financial and/or in-kind)
- Have a financial sustainability plan for the project after the funding has ended.